This will be my first ever recipe posted here but figured besides tech things it might be fun to post some of my food creations. So this 1st will be an Ice Cream recipe that went over real well for Thanksgiving. This is based off of Ben and Jerry’s Sweet Cream base from their Ice Cream Cookbook.
- 1 Cup Milk
I prefer whole milk. It creates a much creamer base
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream
Use plain wipping cream unless you want to boost the cream taste up a lot.
- 3/4 Cup Suger
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ~10 Maraschino Cherries cut in half.
Fill free to use more if you like more fruit in your ice cream.
- 2 tsp Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Whisk eggs together until fluffy.
- Slowly blend suger into eggs until fully dissolved.
- Add milk, cream, and vanilla.
- Once all is blended, poor the mixture into your ice cream machine and start it up. I use the Kitchen Aid Mixer Ice Cream attachment myself.
- While the ice cream is freezing. I tend to use this time to cut the cherries in half.
- About half way through the freezing add the juice and the cherries.
- Once its done freezing. Put the ice cream in a freezable and silled container and put in the freezer for a few hours to harder it up.
You’re all done. Now all thats left is to enjoy.