So this is a modification of my Vanilla Cherry Ice Cream in which I added Burbon to give it a wonderful woody flavor. For my use, I prefer to use Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Wiskey. Its one of my favorite bourbons, and has one of the most unique flavors. It also works well for Ice Cream as it caries the most flavor through the ice cream without needing to add a lot. Since alcohol has the ability to cause freezing to be harder. This lends a hand in providing flavor and not creating as much of a freezing problem.
- 1 Cup Milk
I prefer whole milk. It creates a much creamer base
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream
Use plain wipping cream unless you want to boost the cream taste up a lot.
- 3/4 Cup Suger
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ~10 Maraschino Cherries cut in half.
Fill free to use more if you like more fruit in your ice cream.
- 2 tsp Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1/3 Cup Bourbon
- Whisk eggs together until fluffy.
- Slowly blend suger into eggs until fully dissolved.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla, and bourbon.
- Once all is blended, poor the mixture into your ice cream machine and start it up. I use the Kitchen Aid Mixer Ice Cream attachment myself.
- While the ice cream is freezing. I tend to use this time to cut the cherries in half.
- About half way through the freezing add the juice and the cherries.
- Once its done freezing. Put the ice cream in a freezable and silled container and put in the freezer for a few hours to harder it up.